Long Beach Attorney Don Chairez is a former District Court Judge. He knows the law. He understands the system. If you’ve been accused of a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) put his 30 years of experience to work for you and call Don Chairez immediately at 562-983-8021.
DUI Lawyer Don Chairez will defend your rights if you are arrested for driving under the influence. A DUI charge is a very serious matter. It is essential that you immediately hire a lawyer who understands the constantly changing DUI laws and can help you make informed decisions about your case. You need a lawyer who specializes in DUI law to help protect your legal rights when you’re facing a DUI offense because the penalties can sometimes be very severe including large fines, jail time, license suspension or license revocation.
What makes a good DUI Lawyer?
A good lawyer will not immediately recommend you plead guilty. A good DUI lawyer will gather all the evidence before making any recommendation. A good lawyer will fight for you by exploring any weakness in the prosecution’s case.
For instance, a good lawyer will do things like the following:
- Make sure the sobriety test was done correctly by going to the scene to make sure conditions were appropriate
- Make sure the police officer knew how to perform the sobriety test correctly.
A good lawyer knows that sometimes the arresting officer will make a mistake. For instance:
- An officer must have probable cause and be able to convey to you what that cause was.
- An officer cannot detain you for an unreasonable amount of time.
- If the test is performed where you walk a straight line, the officer must have had you perform this test on a level, non-slippery surface.
- There should be no medical condition which prevents you from performing the test.
Mistakes like these by a the arresting officer can sometimes result in a successful motion to suppress the evidence at your hearing, and sometimes the dismissal of your charge.